Tips on peeing standing up
If you decide to teach you son to pee standing up - here is some fun ways to do it.
- Have him "sink the battle ship"; use toilet targets, toilet paper, cheerios, or even ice cubes colored with food coloring and have your child aim at the battle ship.
- Change the color of the toilet water to blue by using cleaning tablets or food coloring. When he pees in it, he will see the color change to green.
- Add a little shampoo to the water and it will create bubbles as he pees.
- Let him pee outside - in the backyard, in the woods or even in the snow. Have him practice aiming at something or writing in the snow.
- Let him and his brother or father have a peeing party.
Check out some of the really interesting products we have on hand for potty training boys. We of course have the Potty Scotty Doll - the boy potty training doll that model how to pee or go potty standing up.
Since it is hard for little boys to reach the toilet without a step stool, we carry some interesting urinals that are especially designed to potty training boys standing up.
Make sure that the toilet seat stays in the raised position when put there; injuries have been caused by falling seat.