Quick Tip: What to Buy
"You want to make this trip to the shop as much fun as possible for your toddler. So what's on that shopping list?
You should get:
- An anatomically correct doll (a boy doll if you have a son, a girl doll if you have a daughter);
- Potties (yes it's best to have two or three around the home so there is always one close at hand when it's wanted);
- Underpants, preferably vibrantly colored. It's even better if there's a picture of one of their favorite cartoon characters on them.
- Diaper or training underpants can be a practical solution for any trips out but make sure you treat them as real pants not diapers;
- a wall chart and stickers.
Remember to let your toddler have a say in the purchase choice..."
This tip was written by Penny Crane
Penny Crane is a mother of three young boys and she runs a Mother and Toddler Club...