Potty Training Tips & Information and the BEST selection of Products online!
Here are 3 questions you should ask yourself before getting starting:
- Is your child ready to be potty trained?
How do you know when to start potty training and what is the right age? There is no set age at which potty training should begin, the right time depends on your child's development and readiness. There are 4 signs to look for: physiological development, motor skills, cognitieve & verbal development and emotioinal/soical awareness. For more information on this please check out: Potty Training Readiness.
- Are YOU the parent ready to potty train?
It is important that you as the parent or the person potty training get ready to potty train. Your mental readiness is a key component when it comes to potty training.3 Questions to ask yourself before getting started potty training your child:Is your child is ready to be potty trained ? Are YOU the parent ready to potty train? Do you have all the potty training "tools" or "equipment" that you need? For more information on this please check out: Parent Readiness for Potty Training.
- Do you have all the potty training "tools" or "equipment" that you need?
We have a great potty training checklist avaiable to help guide and prepare you for this stage in your toddler's life.
If you answered YES to all of the questions than you are ready to potty train!
- Get rid of all diapers and pull ups! Use potty training pants or "big kid" underwear- have them feel the wetness.
- Pick a potty training method and educate yourself that works for you and your family.
- Be CONSISTENT
- Scolding doesn't work, positive reinforcement DOES!
- Educate yourself FIRST, then teach your child the correct potty training steps
- Don't expect him to know how to go potty just because you do
- Have LOTS of dry practice runs
- Keep it fun! Remember that they are just kids :)
Click here for full article: How to Potty Train a Toddler.